Monday, May 23, 2011

Mini Vacation

Our vacation wasn't really mini, but our packing was! We are a family of five and I packed all of our clothes and toiletries in ONE suitcase. I did pack anther small one for snacks and food while at the condo. We stayed on site at Disney's Animal Kingdom lodge, so we had no transportation and we wanted to have some food. I also packed on small back pack for the flight with snacks, diapers and a few toys for the kids (all necessary things for a plane ride with three kids!) We had a great trip and not once did we feel deprived of anything. I even think I could get away with less next time!




Some of our tricks to packing light were . . .

One pair of shoes per person (that we had on our feet and not in our suitcase)

One swim suit ( I usually pack at least two for each of us)

Five outfits per person - we were gone 7 days. They have a laundry facility on site, too.

One pair of jammies for each of us

Things we did not pack:

blow dryer (they have them at the hotel)
socks (we all wore our crocs)
shampoo/conditioner/lotion (all provided at hotel)
long sleeve shirts/sweatshirts just in case (I always pack these and NEVER use them)
multiple pairs of shoes
toys for the hotel room - I only had what we brought on the plane
jewelry - i just wore my wedding ring and the same pair of earings every day
books - thanks to the kindle!

I'm sure there were more things that I am forgetting to mention, but I am still in my post vacation mode and my brain is not in full function yet!
I'll leave you with a little picture from us at Disney - all 15 of us!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Nice! Very good ideas for packing. I always pack too much! We are leaving for PA next Tues and I think I'm really going to try to pair down our packing list. There's only so much room!

    ReplyDelete