Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Minimalist Baby

Our minimalist baby!

One might say that we've forced minimalism on our poor unsuspecting child. However, when I ask him if he has a problem with it, all I get in response is a giant toothless grin. I think he's okay with it!

Here are our "must have" baby items:

Crib
Changing table with one changing pad cover
Sling
Cloth Diapers
Stationary Entertainer
Car seat and base
A small bin of baby toys
A bumbo seat
Four bottles
Four baby spoons
Four burp cloths
Four bibs
One drawer of clothes
Double Stroller
Breast Pump
2 pacifiers

Hmmm, that seems like a lot now that I've typed it all out. Here is list of additional recommended items for a baby registry:

Swing
Crib bumper
High Chair
Jumparoo
Rocking Chair
4-6 changing pad covers
wipes warmer
infant bath tub
bath robe (oh come on!)
play mat
nursing pillow
bottle warmer
bottle drying rack
bottle sterilizer
dishwasher caddy
bottle brush
insulated bottle tote
disposable bibs (really?)
6-8 pacifiers
hooded bath towels
12 baby washcloths! 12!
crib bedding set
crib mobile
4-6 crib sheets
sheet savers
mattress pads
bassinet
disposable changing pads
diaper pail
diaper pail refills
traditional stroller
lightweight stroller
jogging stroller
rain cover
stroller organizer
stroller cup holder
stroller snack holder

That doesn't cover the entire list, but you get the idea. My list of items doesn't seem so long now. I can't imagine how all of that is supposed to make my life easier. I don't even think it would all fit in one room of my apartment.

We are still trying to figure out if we need/want a high chair. I've been feeding Chase in the bumbo and it seems to be working out fine. I'm hoping I can continue until he can sit in a booster seat at the table.

2 comments:

  1. Have you seen these yet? This is all we're going to use for our little one. Much easier for storage and portability!

    http://www.amazon.com/Trendykid-TS002-Totseat-Stripe-Blue/dp/B000Q7FY26

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I hadn't seen that before! Definitely going to talk to the hubbs about getting one of those!

    ReplyDelete